This page lists some of my past projects that I did during my spare time for fun. I’m always tinkering with technology whether it is writing something for my smartphone, or writing a webservice for myself, or customizing open-source software obsessively to my liking.
Also see github for my past projects.
MangaStream for Windows Phone 7
- A Windows Phone 7 app that allows users to view manga from mangastream.com. It features caching for offline viewing capability, periodic monitoring for updates, etc.
Fun with HTML5
- Small projects I’m doing to learn some HTML5 features
Home Screen Customizer for Windows Mobile
- Published on Microsoft Windows Marketplace for Mobile and allows users to add, remove, rearrange home screen items. The app had over 150,000 downloads and was later bundled by Microsoft to ship on all Huawei C8300 devices in China.
OneBusAway.org W3C widget
- Was published on Microsoft Windows Marketplace for Mobile and won an internal programming contest. The project uses AJAX and HTML bundled in W3C widget format and allows easy access to real-time bus arrival information.
MSNP11 Implementation for Adium
- Adds support for things like personal message and current media to Gaim and Adium.
German Street Dictionary Compression
- Compression and Decompression for German pronunciation dictionary
DirectX Game Engine
- A group project during 2A work term that aims to have a character walking in a rendered world. The character should be controlled by mouse clicks.
- A simple speech recognition engine written in Java. Project is about 4000 lines of code. After putting it up on SourceForge, researchers around the world have used it to aid their own efforts, and I received many emails from people who used the software or have questions. [details on SourceForge]
System Tray for Evolution
- Evolution is an open-source program similar to Microsoft Outlook. I added system tray and new email icon notification to it.
Recording Feature for spwave
- Added ability for spwave to record sound and then save to any format it supports.
- Currently only include powerbook preferences.