MangaStream for Windows Phone 7
MangaStream for Windows Phone 7 is an app that I wrote during my free time so that I can read the content on mangastream.com on the go. I started working on the app during the down time I had between the original Windows Phone 7 release and the release codenamed ‘Mango’. Since finishing the ‘Mango’ release, I’ve updated it to make use of new features in ‘Mango’ SDK. While I updated the app to use the ‘Mango’ SDK, I also refactored my code to conform to the MVVM pattern by fully utilizing data binding and ripping out code-behind from my pages.
- Offline caching of images and metadata so that the app is functional without internet
- Jump list (similar to People hub in WP7)
- Page transition animations (utilizing Silverlight Toolkit)
- Storing data in SQL CE using LINQ to SQL (new in WP7 ‘Mango’ release)
- Fast App Switching feature (new in WP7 ‘Mango’ release)
- Background Agent to check for new manga releases (new in WP7 ‘Mango’ release)
- Background Transfer (new in WP7 ‘Mango’ release)
- Toast and Live Tile notification when new manga is released (new in WP7 ‘Mango’ release)
You can find the source code on GitHub.